[yocto] Can't boot to initramfs

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 21:32:27 PDT 2019

Hello Jupiter,

I actually continued this topic initiated by Moritz, to find out how
you and me and somebody else also can build the yocto build system
with bundled rescue kernel into the rootfs.

My target architecture I am playing with is armv7 A8 (BBB), since I am
experimenting with it.

I actually built the armv7 A8 (BBB) with the unbundled initramfs,
where the BSP actually ends up for the testing purposes. All this how
I did it is described here:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-July/041696.html

Here is also latest local.conf for warrior (how I am buillding it):
https://github.com/ZoranStojsavljevic/bbb-yocto/blob/master/bbb-releases/bbb-warrior/local.conf_full

I never built such a system with rescue initramfs, ending with/in
rootfs on mtd/flash, or SD card, YOCTO wise, so I actually continued
this topic to find out exactly the same what you asked me above.

You can go over this email thread, and try while building with what we
all put as collection of patchworks.

I have no time to do this, since I need very urgently to do some other
important for me stuff on BBB.

Zoran
_______