[yocto] Can't boot to initramfs

Moritz Porst moritz.porst at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 23:39:28 PDT 2019

Hey,

On 13.07.19 13:53, JH wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> Thanks for your explanation, I know the copy from your script is for
> an example, Did you get the zImage-initramfs? I'll double check to
> follow your and Zoran documents.
Yes I have a working initramfs now. As I said the main problem for me
was that I did not understand that the yocto build system puts the
unbundled kernel into the rootfs. However I use x86 architecture.
For you there seems to be a problem because of the architecture of your
target. You will have to track the yocto recipes for initramfs back to
understand why there is this limitation to architecture (and eventually
adapt it). A shortcut could be to look at what the raspberry pi people
did as I guess someone should have solved this problem. (Since raspberry
pi is also ARM)

> Thank you.
>
> - jupiter

Good luck