[yocto] Ddcutil

Maciej Pijanowski maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com
Mon Jul 8 05:37:14 PDT 2019

On 08.07.2019 14:20, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
>>> It was never polished for upstream...
> Why? Any viable reason(s)?
Simply no resources and use-case for that.

I've used the ddcutils project only once and never touched it since then.

>>> ... and it likely have some issues with the latest ddcutil releases.
> Which issues? Could you, Maciej, please, explain/elaborate
> theme/problems observed by you in more details?
I have no idea. I'm just guessing that an old, dirty recipe might not
work properly now.
I've pushed what I found here:
https://github.com/3mdeb/meta-openembedded/commit/4d6e491cfa4197626eb1b897cd5417a0cc14ff4a
If anyone is interested, please feel free to try.
I'm not sure if it will build properly now.
I can provide some support and explanation if needed to make the proper
recipe.