[yocto] Create an image from deployed files

Stefan Herbrechtsmeier stefan at herbrechtsmeier.net
Wed Jul 3 12:36:39 PDT 2019

Hi,

what would be the best solution to create an image from deployed files?

The wic bootimg-partition plugin copy over files listed in
IMAGE_BOOT_FILES and create a partition inside the wic image. The
image.bbclass creates an image from individual packages.

I want to create an image like the image.bbclass but from deployed files
like the wic bootimg-partition plugin.

I have add an image_types_vfat.bbclass to create vfat images, move the
common parts from image.bbclass into image-common.bbclass and add a
boot-image.bbclass. This class duplicates some code from the wic
bootimg-partition plugin inside the do_rootfs function and add some
dummy tasks to minimize the changes in the common code.

I wonder if this is the right direction or if another solution exists.

Best regards
   Stefan