[yocto] pcre-config replacement

Chuck Wolber chuckwolber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:59:46 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 2:14 AM Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> pkg-config.  Inherit the pkgconfig class in the recipe if it doesn't
> already, and see for example
>
> meta/recipes-devtools/swig/swig/0001-configure-use-pkg-config-for-pcre-detection.patch
> in oe-core for an example.
>
> This is an upstreamable change so ideally submit it upstream so you
> don't have to carry a patch around too.

Indeed, that is exactly what I have done:
https://github.com/SpiderLabs/ModSecurity/pull/2014

It looks like a few of their automated regression tests are failing, so I
probably have more work to do on the patch.

I did end up finding the patch you referenced, and that got me most of the
way there. I do not use autotools much, so it is hard for me to tell if I
missed something obvious.

..Ch:W..