[yocto] How to create a signed bootloader and Linux kernel on a UEFI BIOS

Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Thu Jan 31 03:53:36 PST 2019

Hello,

Securing the full boot chain on a UEFI BIOS such as those provided on
Intel platforms is possible but not that simple.
Working, detailed documentation is not easy to find anywhere.

Some of my students from Lorient (University of South Brittany) have
done a good documentation job on
a HowTo create and boot a signed kernel and Grub2 on a UEFI BIOS.

As it could be useful to some of you, I share the link.
   https://ubs_csse.gitlab.io/secu_os/tutorials/linux_secure_boot.html

Thanks to Romain Brenaget, Jerôme Blanchard and Pierre Fontaine from the
Master1 in Embedded Cyber Security.

fontaine.e1800982 at etud.univ-ubs.fr
brenaget.e1803332 at etud.univ-ubs.fr
blanchard.e1804130 at etud.univ-ubs.fr