[yocto] Failed to populate SDK after upgrade from sumo to thud

Stelling2 Carsten Carsten.Stelling2 at goerlitz.com
Tue Jan 29 00:52:42 PST 2019

Hi,

after upgrade from sumo (2.5.2) to thud (2.6.0) populating the SDK fails with following error:

ERROR: kernel-devsrc-1.0-r0 do_install: Function failed: do_install
cp cannot stat 'arch/arm/tools/syscall*': No such file or directory.

When I remove the following line from the recipe meta/recipes-kernel/linux/kernel-devsrc.bb
cp -a --parents arch/arm/tools/syscall* $kerneldir/build
the SDK can be build.

My kernel version is 4.9.26 (no YP kernel).

Possibly, I missed to set a variable, which wasn't needed in sumo, but required by thud?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Carsten