[yocto] Fetch from git every bitbake

Sun Jan 27 03:02:56 PST 2019

Hi Mauro,

Can you please elaborate a bit what exactly you try to do?

SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

will get the latest and greatest version from your git repo (the first
time and afterwards only if something changed in the git repo) and a
rebuild will only be triggered if something changed on your git repo.

If I understand it correctly you are trying to "fetch" and "build" every
time, even if nothing changed in the git repo.

Keep in mind, that bitbake will "only" fetch a new version from git if
there is a new version available.

In case you changed nothing in you git repo bitbake will most likely use
the cached version and also no new build will be triggered.

In case you want to "compile" every time even if nothing changed you can
try this:

do_compile[nostamp] = "1"

[nostamp]: When set to "1", tells BitBake to not generate a stamp file
for a task, which implies the task should always be executed.

In case you can provide an example .bb and explain your problem I guess
we can better help.

Regards,

Robert