[yocto] preferred version 6.% of gcc-sanitizers not available

Damien LEFEVRE lefevre.da at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 00:50:13 PST 2019

Hi,

I have updated my stack to sumo and the platform image builds fine.

Now I'm adding an application which builds against CUDA 9 and due to some
bugs with gcc 7, gcc 6 is highest supported version. The issues has been
fixed in CUDA 10, but I cannot upgrade at time point of time.

So I went to my distro config and added:
GCCVERSION = "6.%"

Then I noticed that poky sumo removed gcc 5 and 6. So I created and
overwrite layer to add back the older compilers. The layer.conf looks like
this

BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"
BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bb \
            ${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bbappend"

BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "stack-core"
BBFILE_PATTERN_stack-core = "^${LAYERDIR}/"
BBFILE_PRIORITY_stack-core = "10"

LAYERDEPENDS_stack-core = "core"

LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_stack-core = "sumo"

Then in meta-stack/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/ I copied the old
compiler recipes from pyro-17.0.4 tag.

I deleted the cache and temp folder.

After all of this I still get this build message and later the build fails.
NOTE: preferred version 6.% of gcc-sanitizers not available (for item
gcc-sanitizers)
NOTE: versions of gcc-sanitizers available: 7.3.0

What am I missing?

Thanks
-Damien