[yocto] Yocto Project support for Numeric/Scientific Python

Smith, Virgil (US) Virgil.Smith at flir.com
Wed Jan 23 11:54:03 PST 2019

Is there a current or relatively recent recipe for SciPy and related libraries?

Further and more importantly, is having a maintainer for (recipes for) those libraries a priority for the active members of the Project?
(i.e. does interest rise above the general welcoming of participants to periodically asking "Hey has anyone put out a call to fill this slot?" if/when the slot is vacant).

BTW: If this is the wrong list for this query, please let me know.

Why?  We are trying to gauge community interest before making long term plans.
We would like to know if this horse is at all likely to have healthcare before betting on it (without sacrificing other patients to obtain the proper veterinary degree and keep up practice to treat it ourselves).

NOTE:  I see from the RRS emails that Derek Straka is currently maintaining the python-numpy recipe.  THANK YOU!

Notice to recipient: This email is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law, subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary information. If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then destroy it and do not review, disclose, copy or distribute it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.