[yocto] Exclude kernel module from image

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Wed Jan 23 11:04:48 PST 2019

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 7:35 PM John Klug <John.Klug at multitech.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a way to create an image with an exclusion list of kernel modules packages.
>
> If I use PACKAGE_EXCLUDE, I see the following:
>
>     Collected errors:
>      * calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kernel-modules:
>
> The list of modules that follows are the very kernel module packages I am trying to exclude.

if you want to exclude *all* kernel modules it's simple, you can
achieve that with the following in your image recipe.

BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS = "kernel-modules"

This is easy because kernel-modules comes as RRECOMMENDS from
packagegroup-core-boot.. but if you exclude just some modules, then
you are breaking an RDEPENDS relationship which is a fatal error..

> I would prefer not to create a list of every kernel module I wish to include.

right.. can't you disable these modules in the kernel recipe instead
using some config fragment?