[yocto] meta-mingw and cmake

Sinan Kaya Okaya at kernel.org
Mon Jan 14 09:11:21 PST 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:17 PM Sinan Kaya <Okaya at kernel.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:41 PM Joshua Watt <jpewhacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > CC'ing yocto at yoctoproject.org
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM Sinan Kaya <Okaya at kernel.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Joshua,
> > >
> > > I have this instruction to build cmake as part of the SDK.
> > >
> > > +# Add the CMake binary to the SDK
> > > +TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK += "nativesdk-cmake"
> > > +
> > >
> > >  When I add this, windows SDK build is failing to compile.
> > >
> > > I'm using the sumo branch. Do you have any ideas?
> >
> > I believe that compiling cmake for mingw works on master, can you give
> > that a try?
>
> I'll test.
>
> > Also, be aware that while it compiles, it may not actually
> > work in the SDK depending on your use case. See
> > https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-November/043344.html
> > for more details.
> >

> I tried this patch already. The compilation succeeds but the SDK
> installation script
> gets broken (it complains about missing environment script).

OK. Here is the story. My google search revealed this option for
including cmake into SDK.

TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK += "nativesdk-cmake"

Apparently, this option breaks the Linux SDK without any of the mingw
patches above and
cmake is already included into the Linux SDK. There is no point in
adding this option to
sumo.

Pulling just the mingw patch above made the Window SDK build successfully.

It is possible to pull this patch from master into the sumo branch as
it fixes a real issue?