[yocto] Yocto staged builds?

Edmund Nadolski Edmund.Nadolski at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 8 14:10:19 PST 2019

I'm thinking of a full build separated into say 3 sequential steps, A, B, and C, with each step being some series of bitbake tasks.   The idea is run all the tasks in step A and then regain control so I can run some additional tools/transforms on artifacts (eg signing) produced in that step.  Then, resume bitbake from step B, and after that completes then again regain control and run some additional transforms.  Finally resume bitbake from step C and let that run to completion as well.

I wasn't sure whether the bitbake has that sort of "pause and resume" capability, tho perhaps the addtask in the right places is one way to effect a similar result?

(Apologies, this is probably a lame/awkward description on my part)

Thanks again,
Ed