[yocto] Cannot use LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1" with mDNS package

Stefano Cappa stefano.cappa.ks89 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:39:52 PST 2019

I'm using the latest version from git branch of yocto thud.

If I add to INSTALL the package "mdns" and also I want to create all files
for licenses adding LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1" the build of the final
image fails with this error:

Error myimage-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Postinstall scriptlets of ['mdns'] have
failed. If the intention is to defer them to first boot,
then please place them into pkg_postinst_ontarget_${PN} ().
Deferring to first boot via 'exit 1' is no longer supported.

Without LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1" everything is ok because I can build
both with and without licenses but not if LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE is
enabled.

Do you have any suggestions? Log doesn't say nothing really useful to me.
It seems a generic error. Am I missing something?

Thanks.