[yocto] SRC_URI when there is a local mirror but no remote repo

Edmund Nadolski Edmund.Nadolski at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 27 14:59:58 PST 2019

Hi,

Does Yocto/Bitbake support a way to set SRC_URI in a recipe when there is no corresponding upstream remote (git://, https://, etc.) for a *.tar.gz file?   IOW, I've configured for own_mirrors and set BB_NO_NETWORK=1, and my *.tar.gz file only lives in the local_mirror directory.

It looks to me like file:// thinks that the file always lives under ${S}.

TIA,
Ed

# functional workaround
SRC_URI = "http://some.example.com/example-1.0.0.src.tar.gz"

do_unpack () {
        # Unpack straight from the local mirror since there is no remote
        tar xzf ${TOPDIR}/../local_mirror/example-1.0.0.src.tar.gz -C ${S}

do_install () {
        install -d ${D}/${MY_DIR}
        install -m 0744 ${S}/example/example.sh ${D}/${MY_DIR}