[yocto] Removing busybox

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Feb 27 15:54:48 PST 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 11:02:06PM +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 22:25, Jean-Christian de Rivaz
> <jean-christian.derivaz at innodelec.ch> wrote:
> > The project I work for need nodejs and chromium (and a >100MB database
> > on some nodes), so space is not an issue. I need to deliver an useful
> > distribution with usual commands, tools and a working console + keyboard
> > for my locale. If  Poky is only maintained to be tested with sysvinit +
> > busybox and US locale, then I wonder if it's the appropriate choice for
> > that project. There nothing wrong in providing a sysvinit + busybox
> > based small distribution, this is simply not the best fit for that project.
>
> Installing the commands is pretty simple: be sure to install all of
> util-linux core-utils psutils etc.  Yes, this should be a packagegroup
> to make it trivial, but this is practically a few minutes work.

My current incomplete list is:
    bind-utils \
    bridge-utils \
    coreutils \
    dnsmasq \
    e2fsprogs \
    e2fsprogs-resize2fs \
    e2fsprogs-tune2fs \
    findutils \
    gawk \
    grep \
    inetutils-ping \
    inetutils-ping6 \
    inetutils-traceroute \
    iproute2 \
    less \
    net-tools \
    parted \
    pciutils \
    procps \
    sed \
    util-linux \
    vim \
    which \

And it's also incomplete as there's more stuff under inetutils I don't
need (but others may), and I set aside patch/diff/ed and some other
stuff I don't need.  And since some of that stuff comes from
meta-openembedded, it's indeed really not clear how/where a packagegroup
would reside as we need things out of meta-networking.

--
Tom