[yocto] Removing busybox

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Feb 27 10:45:42 PST 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 06:35:10PM +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 17:58, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure we can blacklist busybox from the build at this time
> > (hddimg requires initramfs that requires busybox) but instead only force
> > remove it from the image and ensure it still builds.
>
> Don't build an image with a initramfs?

OK, so I've kicked things a bit harder again, and here's what I see as
the (small) rub.
$ git grep hddimg meta/conf/
meta/conf/machine/include/x86-base.inc:IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "hddimg"

So yes, we can do a test with qemux86/qemux86-64 and documenting this in
local.conf.sample is good (and a packagegroup that gives more 1:1
functionality is on my TODO list somewhere).  But it's also true that
we'll get people with "I can't remove busybox and I tried what it says"
posts since blindly pulling in hddimg gives at least:
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'busybox-mdev' (but
/home/trini/work/OE/oe-core/meta/recipes-core/initrdscripts/initramfs-framework_1.0.bb
RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

That's the point I want to make, after throwing out a quick test build
dir.

--
Tom