[yocto] Review request 0/13: Contribute meta-tensorflow to Yocto

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Feb 21 04:27:16 PST 2019

Hi Hongxu,

On Thu, 2019-02-21 at 06:37 -0500, Hongxu Jia wrote:
> Currently AI on IoT edge becomes more and more popular, but there is
> no
> machine learning framework in Yocto/OE. With the support of Eric
> <Zhangle.Yang at windriver.com>, Robert <liezhi.yang at windriver.com>
> and Randy <randy.macleod at windriver.com>, after two months effort,
> I've
> integrated TensorFlow to Yocto.
>
> Now, I contribute the patches to Yocto for review, and apply for
> creating
> a layer named `meta-tensorflow' on Yocto.
>
> For test convenient, there is a fork on github:
> https://github.com/hongxu-jia/meta-tensorflow
>
> BTW, I have contributed other 11 fundamental recipes to meta-
> openembedded
> and all of them have been merged to master branch.
>
> Please no hesitate to share your suggestion.

I like this a lot, thanks for working on and sharing it!

I had a quick glance through the patches and I didn't see anything that
concerned me. I don't have much knowledge about tensor flow. I think
this would make a great addition to git.yoctoproject.org and would love
to see it there.

Thanks again, I'm pleased to see something like this!

Cheers,

Richard