[yocto] [meta-java] How to include sound support?

Erik Hoogeveen erik.hoogeveen at outlook.com
Mon Feb 18 04:37:38 PST 2019

Hi,

I’m tying to install openjre-8 in my build for a raspberry pi cm3. I’m using the thud branch on all layers.
In my local.conf I have distro features like so:

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " alsa bluetooth bluez5 systemd wifi”

My device layer has a bbappend file "recipes-core/openjdk/openjre-8_%.bbappend” with contents:

PACKAGECONFIG = " \
repack \
alsa \
gif \
jpeg \
png \
zlib \
“

I would expect this to enable sound in the build. But in "tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/openjre-8/172b11-r0/temp/log.do_compile” it keeps telling me.

NOTE: make BUILD_HEADLESS_ONLY=1 BUILD_HEADLESS=true BUILD_SOUNDLESS_ONLY=1 X11_NOT_NEEDED=1 CUPS_NOT_NEEDED=1 PULSE_NOT_NEEDED=1

And sure enough on the device I get a JVM that does not give me any audio support.

I went through the recipe files to my best ability but I can't understand why I can’t get it to omit "BUILD_SOUNDLESS_ONLY=1 “ when building. As far as I can tell it should enable sound when alsa is both in PACKAGECONFIG and DISTRO_FEATURES.

Any hints as to what I’m overlooking? Thanks!

Kind regards,
Erik Hoogeveen