[yocto] Yocto General purpose evaluation

andrew.rudd at aktyon.com andrew.rudd at aktyon.com
Tue Feb 19 07:49:59 PST 2019

Thank you for the reply.

You say I should be using an embedded Linux. Just for clarity you’re talking about Yocto/buildroot or are talking about an already existing embedded Linux distro.

Powered board. Yes we will use solar but also a battery to keep the board running the solar power isn’t available.

My main concern is size data space wise but power efficiency. Will a Yacto build provide more power savings than buildroot or standard Debian?

Also would there be any already baked Yacto images I could use to test out to see how it runs?

Thank you,

Andrew Rudd