[yocto] QEMU Raspberry Pi 2 machine

Jean-Christian de Rivaz jean-christian.derivaz at innodelec.ch
Mon Feb 18 02:41:24 PST 2019

Hi,

The chromium-x11 browser can't be compiled for the qemuarm machine because it use the old ARM926 processor. I have modified the qemuarm.conf file  inside poky/meta/conf/machine/ to add
DEFAULTTUNE ?= "cortexa7thf-neon-vfpv4"
require conf/machine/include/tune-cortexa7.inc
But I want to avoid patching files of the poky project. Is there a proper way to add a QEMU Raspberry Pi 2 target like qemuraspi2 for example ? It look like many recipe files contains specific part for qemuarm so I wonder if adding a new QEMU machine it a simple enough task.

Best Regards,
Jean-Christian de Rivaz