[yocto] readonly rootfs - storing data in separate partition

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:36:41 PST 2019

Hi,

I plan to use readonly rootfs option and store some custom data in separate
partition (like hostname, wpa_supplicant.conf etc). I have wic file which
create rootfs + then rest is for data storage. I can adjust various recipes
to symlink to /data partition. My question is if there exists some
mechanism how to store some pieces in non-rootfs partition? I know some
projects which put those extra files to deploy dir and then by dd create
dummy storage nd put files there and finally create partition from that.
Thanks a log for any pointers.

BR,

marek

--