[yocto] devtool sdk-update question

Jaewon Lee JAEWON at xilinx.com
Wed Feb 13 16:26:50 PST 2019

Hi,

I have a question on devtool sdk-update.
We have a requirement that our esdk is extracted in publish mode as it's on an nfs mountpoint and bitbake doesnt like nfs.
There used to be two ways to update sstate,
(1)through the install_sstate_objects function which manually copies sstate objects (for local updates) and
(2) setting SOURCE_MIRROR in site.conf to the updateserver and running bitbake setscene (for remote updates),  after this patch https://gitenterprise.xilinx.com/Yocto/poky/commit/02986886fc40c0fcd33359a279ba9520fd5cac2a
the former is no longer supported.

What would be the best way for us to update sstate through sdk-update now? as we can't do use bitbake setscene.. seems this is a gap?
Any thoughts here would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jaewon