[yocto] Two recipes install the same file

madoga madoga at protonmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:30:23 PST 2019

Hello everyone,

I have an issue while I'm trying to overwrite some files that two recipes are installing. Task do_rootfs fails and I want to ask about the best way to solve this:

Error: Transaction check error:

  file /app/econfig.xml conflicts between attempted installs of tests-1.0-r0 and error-1.0-r0

  file /app/controller.xml conflicts between attempted installs of tests-1.0-r0 and controller-1.0-r0

  file /app/user_mode.xml conflicts between attempted installs of mode-1.0-r0 and tests-1.0-r0

Error Summary
 When I launch bitbake with a concrete image this error appears and I don't know how I can give "priority" to a recipe. I have found something about create .bbappend file...

Thank you,
Mario