[yocto] Intentionally failing postinstall scriplets - Yocto Sumo

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 02:55:45 PST 2019

You need to inspect the rootfs log, to find out precisely why they are
failing. Placing things into _ontarget() is only a part of the instruction,
and applicable only when postinsts have a genuine need to be executed on
the target device. I think your situation is explained by this:

If deferring to first boot wasn't the intent, then scriptlet failure
may mean an issue in the recipe, or a regression elsewhere.

Details of the failure are in
/home/build_arm-cortex-a8/tmp/work/arm_cortex_a8-poky-linux-gnueabi/custom-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.

Alex