[yocto] gitsm fetcher fixes in thud?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Feb 12 01:24:20 PST 2019

On 2/11/19 10:10 PM, Scott Murray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on upgrading Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) from rocko to thud,
> and there's substantial git submodule breakage with the fetcher as it
> stands in thud ATM.  I've been doing tests with the current gitsm.py from
> master with Mark's recent fixes, and it works fine.  I'm wondering what
> the feasibility of getting those fixes into thud is?  I am willing to do
> the cherry-picking and testing if someone can point me at the mechanism
> for it (poky-contrib?).

The work was being held off from backporting due to concerns about instability
being introduced by the patches.

If you feel that things are improved with the master code, please do a backport.
 There are a small number of patches needed, and I tried to design them in a way
that they would just apply to thud without any additional work [barring defuzzing].

(I'm traveling for work current, and won't be back to my normal schedule until
Monday.  But I will be reading email and will attempt to help anyway I can.)

--Mark