[yocto] QA cycle report for 2.7 M2 RC1

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Feb 8 01:33:25 PST 2019

On Fri, 2019-02-08 at 04:38 +0000, Jain, Sangeeta wrote:
> This is the full report for 2.7 M2 RC1:
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW01_-_2019-01-28_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.7_M2_RC1
>
> ======= Summary ========
>
> All planned tests were executed.
> Total Test Executed - 3629
> Passed Test - 3613
> Failed Test - 16
>

> There were zero high milestone defect.  Team had found 3 new defects
> in BSP[1], Compliance [2] and  OE-Core[3].
> 5 existing issues were observed in this release.
>
> For ptest, there is a drop in percentage of pass rate for 3 modules:
> nettle, perl and valgrind. Bugs are reported for Nettle [4] and Perl
> [5]. For Valgrind, no bug is filed, since there is a decrease in
> percentage but no failures as compared to previous results.

Thanks!

The perl regressions are fairly serious, but understandable given the
large changes we made to perl in M2. I'm therefore torn on whether we
let rc1 release, or we respin an rc2 based on current master. Any
opinions?

Current master does fix perl (bugs 13160, 13161, 13154), it also has a
key toaster fix for thud.

Cheers,

Richard