[yocto] YPTM minutes

Joshua Watt jpewhacker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:24:34 PST 2019

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 10:11 -0800, Scott Rifenbark wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM <sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Feb. 5, 2019.
> >
> > Attendees: Armin, David, Joshua, Randy, Tim, Richard G., Stephen,
> > Jan-Simon, Manjukum, Tracey, Trevor, Nick, Richard P, Mark, Kate,
> > Michael,
> >
> > YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.
> > YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
> > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status
> >
> > Armin agreed to add Ubuntu 18.4 to YP 2.6 series and we will use in
> > for YP 2.7
> > We discussed that the YP 2.6 manual doesn’t have an upgrading to YP
> > 2.6.  Tracey will look into this.
>
> Can I get some clarification on this.  Ubuntu 18.04 seems to be an
> LTS.  I don't have "LTS" listed in the 2.6 ref-manual (
> https://yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros
> ) but do have Ubuntu 18.04 listed as a supported distro.  What is
> meant by "... the YP 2.6 manual doesn't have an upgrading to YP
> 2.6."?  - Thanks Scott

I think there is a little confusion here. There are actually 2 issues:
 1) The Yocto 2.6 manual doesn't have the "Moving to the Yocto Project
2.6 Release" section to describe the changes that have been made from
2.5 -> 2.6 (
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#moving-to-the-yocto-project-2.5-release
). Oddly, this section *is* present in the "latest" mega manual.
 2) The second (unrelated) issue has to do with reporting 18.04 as a
supported host distro. I'm not as familiar with this one, so I'll let
someone else chime in.

Joshua Watt <JPEWhacker at gmail.com>