[yocto] ptest-runner yocto build sytem issue

sateesh m sateesh0457 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 02:38:32 PDT 2019

Hi, I am new to Yocto. I am working on ptest-runner.
I followed the wiki https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Ptest , but when I
boot to my image and run ptest-runner I have the output : "No ptests found."
Is this normal ? I thought that

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " ptest"
and
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "ptest-pkgs"

would install all the ptests for me in my image, apparently I am wrong but
could you please explain to me why this is not the case i.e why ptests are
not automatically installed in the image even though I included the above
lines in my local.conf ?

How to test my packages using ptest. can you share sample test or testing
procedure document .

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Sateesh