[yocto] How to override RRECOMMENDS

Matthias Schoepfer matthias.schoepfer at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 21 04:02:45 PDT 2019

Hi!

In my update to latest warrior, I came across
4b393a21ffcf9fe00577b4a46c38b5db89b39e9d, which adds rng-tools as
RRECOMMENDS. So far, so good. But for some reason, rng-tools fails
miserably on my platform, why I cannot say, because it blocks the
watchdog daemon, so before I can get logged in, a reboot happens.

So I go and read the manual, and come across PACKAGE_EXCLUDE,
NO_RECOMMENDATIONS and BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS. I tried all of them from
local.conf:

PACKAGE_EXCLUDE = "rng-tools"

NO_RECOMMENDATIONS =  "1"

BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS = "rng-tools"

and even with the pn-target_image/||/ (and yes, I replaced target_image
with my image name). But nothings seems to help. What am I missing?

Regards,

     Matthias