[yocto] [OE-core] Yocto Project Summit at ELCE Call for Particpation

Paul Barker paul at betafive.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 09:05:45 PDT 2019

Hey folks,

I'm looking to submit a talk and I'm a little confused on when to register for the YP summit. Should I register now to get the discounted rate or should I wait until the list of accepted speakers is announced? Unlike for the main conference, it looks like the registration price goes up before the list of accepted speakers is released. It's also not very clear whether accepted speakers will be given complimentary registration.

Thanks,
Paul

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, at 12:21, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> hi Philip,
>
> thanks for sending this out!
>
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 3:17 AM Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
> >
> > At the past few OopenEmbedded developer meetings, people have been
> > asking for more developer and user focused events like a miniconf.
> > Partly based on this feedback, there is a two day event sponsored by the
> > Yocto Project that provides a chance for people to talk about the Yocto
> > Project and OpenEmbedded. The CFP is a bit buried on the page and I like
> > to get it more exposure, so here the direct link:
>
> all information about the Summit is also available here now:
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_Summit_2019
>

> > https://events.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Yocto-Project-Summit-2019-CFP-1.pdf
> >
> > We'd like to see new faces talking. We know there are a lot of good
> > stories out there, that will help lots of people become better users and
> > developers.
> >
> > The link to the event is here:
> >
> > https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe-2019/program/co-located-events/
> >
> > Follow the path to the Yocto Project Summit. If you are alrady signed up
> > for ELCE, you should be able to update your registration to include the
> > Summit.
> >
> > Philip
> > --

Paul Barker