[yocto] How to patch a recipe .inc file

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Wed Aug 7 16:02:37 PDT 2019

I'm working with a Yocto Sumo build provided with Qt's boot2qt system. I'm trying to enable using initramfs as a step in trying to enable OSTree updates.

In the meta-raspberrypi documentation, section 3.14, it says to add some kernel config to the linux-raspberrypi.inc file. I would prefer to keep my changes to Yocto layer files in my own tree so I'm trying to figure out how to patch the existing file. I've got bitbake finding my patch file, but it can't find the file to patch.

Can somebody help me to specify that the file that I'm patching is part of the meta-raspberrypi linux recipe?

I'm going to be gone for a week, but I wanted to ask this now so maybe I'll have some information when I get back.

Regards,
Greg Wilson-Lindberg