[yocto] Integration of Conan Package Manager into the Yocto Project

Dani Manzaneque danimanzaneque at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 00:53:39 PDT 2019

We know that this approach is a bit different from the Yocto way of
building all from sources and we acknowledge the benefits of doing so
when building for specific hardware requirements. However, this
integration has been requested by Conan users already managing their
packages with Conan for other platforms that wanted to be able to
deploy their libraries or applications into a Linux image generated
with Yocto.

This is the first step towards that integration and we have proved it
works, but there is still room for improvement and we are fully open
to any suggestions. We will take a look at the fetcher approach that
looks quite smooth and a bit easier for users too.
Thanks a lot!