[yocto] Reproducible u-boot

Joshua Watt jpewhacker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:25:20 PDT 2019

On 8/1/19 9:08 AM, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> How do I use the reproducible_build class to create a reproducible u-boot?
>
> I tried adding
>
> inherit reproducible_build

Reproducible builds aren't enabled on a per-recipe basis, instead try
adding:

  INHERIT += "reproducible_build"

  BUILD_REPRODUCIBLE_BINARIES = "1"

to your local.conf file, which will enable reproducible builds for all
recipes.

That being said, reproducible builds are still being actively worked on,
so your mileage may vary. It will also depend if u-boot even builds in a
reproducible manner to begin with.

> to my u-boot recipe, but when I do that, I generate errors of the form:
>
> ERROR: When reparsing
> /path/tot/u-boot_git.bb.do_deploy_source_date_epoch, the basehash
> value changed from
> e7c4a942e76dc4e630d9dc6e3b6d49db66adeb2c9a5e2d511fac3fc7dabd4e59 to
> 4735b8a3f887bf83059c5d56e529f1a5650fab8ac53ce4e2c222524e690092ae. The
> metadata is not deterministic and this needs to be fixed.
>
> Where should I look to learn more about the use of reproducible_build.bbclass?

Here is the current wiki page:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Reproducible_Builds

I'm afraid its a little out of date though.