[yocto] [OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW18'19

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 30 07:41:25 PDT 2019

Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M4 (2.7 rc2 release being discussed)
Next Deadline: YP 2.7 Release Target April 26, 2019

SWAT Team Rotation:
SWAT lead is currently: PaulSWAT team rotation: Paul -> Anuj on May. 3,
2019SWAT team rotation: Anuj -> Ross on May. 10, 2019
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team
Next Team Meetings:
Bug Triage meeting Thursday May 2nd at 7:30am PDT (
https://zoom.us/j/454367603)YP 2.8 Planning meeting Tuesday May 7th at
8am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
Key Status/Updates:
Stephen is going to be unavailable for several weeks, please refer any
queries to RichardYP 2.5.3 was released.YP 2.7 is out of QA but pending
answers to some questions on the QA report and the final pieces of
release process.Huge kudos this week go to Armin for work on test
automation of some of the manual testsWe’ve merged ltp test automation
which is now being run automatically on the autobuilder on a-full
builds.Master continues to take patches, somewhat slowed by host
specific build issues with vte-nativeWDD, our bug tracking metric is
high and there are few people helping with bugs.The 2.8 planning
discussions are starting and there is a google doc summarising the
discussions so far:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNEKA4d0eT6-e0hnS2pwi7xdZ5_t6smpZO2HbaJGXbU/If
people are planning to work on specific things in 2.8 please let us
know so we can incorporate this into our plans. If you’re interested in
working on anything in the document, please also let us know or talk
with us in one of the planning meetings.
We have a new “newcomer” bug category which are bugs suited to someone
new to the project. These can be seen here:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Newcomer_Bugs
Planned Releases for YP 2.7:
YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff was Apr. 1, 2019YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26,
2019
Planned upcoming dot releases:
YP 2.6.3 (Thud) is in planning
Tracking Metrics:
WDD 2593 (last week 2598) (
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)Poky Patch Metrics
 Total patches found: 1565 (last week 1553)Patches in the Pending
State: 655 (42%) [last week 654 (42%)]
Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on
this weekly status update, let us know!]