[yocto] Replacing a configuration file from another recipe

Damien LEFEVRE lefevre.da at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 05:35:01 PDT 2019

Hi,

In our base image we use nginx. I created a nginx.bbappend to add our PHP
configuration in a separated layer.

For a specific variant of the image I need to add an extra bit of nginx
configuration.

I though I could create a new recipe to overwrite nginx.conf and include
that recipe in the variant image definition, but bitbake shouts at me that
I cannot modify a file from another recipe.

If that's the case, is it possible to create image name based bbappend
files? Or do I need to create a separate nginx overwrite layer with higher
priority than the base image nginx.bbappend for that image variant? (I
wouldn't like that)

Thanks,
-Damien