[yocto] include own script - custon location

Zolee K zoleelikesdebian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 02:40:45 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'd like to include a javascript file in the target machine in a custom
location.
I got an warning while bitbake:
wavesurfer-1.0-r0 do_package: QA Issue: wavesurfer: Files/directories were
installed but not shipped in any package:
  /usr
  /usr/local
  /usr/local/www
  /usr/local/www/sys
  /usr/local/www/sys/js
  /usr/local/www/sys/js/wavesurfer.js
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they
are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
wavesurfer: 6 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]

Here is the bb file:

SUMMARY = "Waveform generator"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = ""

SRC_URI = "file://wavesurfer.js"

SRC_URI[md5sum] = "523052e51d8668b849abaa303404de3e"

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/file:"

S= "${WORKDIR}"

do_install() {
    install -d ${D}/usr/local/www/sys/js
    install -m 0644 wavesurfer.js ${D}/usr/local/www/sys/js
}

I guess something is wrong with the do-install function, I thought it would
put the file in the image, but it doesn't. Please help me out on this.

Thanks,

Zolee