[yocto] bb-matrix.sh Script not working as expected

Dhanush K.S dhanush.ks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 07:07:30 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to evaluate the performance of my builds and following the wiki
link https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Build_Performance to determine the
accurate BB and PM values for my builds.

I have set "INHERIT += "buildstats"" in my local.conf and disabled
"BB_NUMBER_THREADS" & "PARALLEL_MAKE" during the execution of the build and
the script.

Executing the script bb-matrix.sh from the BUILDDIR with the command ".
../poky-sumo-19.0.0/scripts/contrib/bb-perf/bb-matrix.sh ." deletes the
TMPDIR entirely and then complains 'cp: cannot stat ‘tmp/buildstats’: No
such file or directory' for each iteration of BB and PM values.

I don't understand where I am going wrong and how do I go about generating
the dat file and in turn plotting the graph to determine the performance of
the build?

Thanks!

Dhanush