[yocto] What is the right SRC_URI syntax for git at bitbucket.org?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Apr 24 05:36:00 PDT 2019

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 at 13:29, Erik Hoogeveen <erik.hoogeveen at outlook.com> wrote:
> What I have is:
>
> SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"
> PE = "1"
> PV = "0.0+git${SRCPV}"
>
> To make that work your recipe file name must have the format '<recipe_name>_git.bb’

Some corrections.

If you're using a git URL then you need to set SRCREV to the sha you
want to fetch.  Using ${AUTOREV} means "always fetch the latest SHA
for the branch I specify" is bad form unless you're actively
developing something because you'll be building untested commits.

Setting PE (epoch) is very unusual.

The recipe filename isn't relevant, foo_git.bb simply sets PV="git"
but then you override it in the recipe anyway.

Ross