[yocto] Generate an SDK with both 32 and 64 bit versions of the glibc

Alessio Igor Bogani alessioigorbogani at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 02:20:01 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to install a third parted developed tool (closed source)
into my x86_64 SDK. Unfortunately it is composed by a mix of 32 and 64
bit binaries thus `bitbake myimage -c populate_sdk` fails with:

Error:
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libpthread.so.0 needed by
nativesdk-scw-2019-r0.x86_64_nativesdk

I guess that libpthread.so.0 is the missing 32 bit variant of the glibc library.

How can I make bitbake to install 32 bit version of the glibc
alongside the above mentioned tool?

Thanks in advance!

Ciao,
Alessio