[yocto] Yocto (poky) thud build problems with xen-image-minimal

Ken Bassford kbassford at apertussolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 06:03:37 PDT 2019

Hi Folks,

Could someone be so kind as to backport patch Christopher Clark's patch 4cbd6c2b467c1f4caa32b2f782072739ab373065 from Master to the Thud release?

After consultation with Mr. Clark it appears the parameters causing the ipxe compiling problem was the same one, with additional parameters, that I addressed in my first patch submitted to Yocto several months ago in the Rocko release.  The ipxe package ignores ALL environmental parameters (ref: ipxe Makefile), setting them to null, forcing anyone compiling this package to add them to the make command line.  Mr. Clark has done a wonderful job of implementing the change that frankly puts mine new patch to shame, extending well beyond what I corrected for.  Please see to it that his patch is backported so folks attempting to compile this package don't encounter this bug.

Thank you

Now I just have to figure out why the glibc-locale has to be compiled alone before it can be used.

Sincerely,
Ken Bassford
Apertus Solutions

---- On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 10:11:35 -0400 Ken Bassford <kbassford at apertussolutions.com> wrote ----