[yocto] [OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW15'19

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 16 07:55:01 PDT 2019

Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M4 (2.7 rc2 is in QA)
Next Deadline: YP 2.7 Release Target April 26, 2019

SWAT Team Rotation:
SWAT lead is currently: Chen SWAT team rotation: Chen -> Armin on Apr.
19, 2019SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Anuj on Apr. 26, 2019
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team
Next Team Meetings:
YP 2.8 Planning meeting Tuesday April 16nd at 8am PDT (
https://zoom.us/j/990892712) Bug Triage meeting Thursday April 18th at
7:30am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
Key Status/Updates:
Stephen is unavailable at the moment, please refer any queries to
RichardYP 2.6.2 was rebuilt as rc4 to include the boost upgrade revert
and is due to be released today. The YP 2.6.2 rc3/4 report is
summarized at
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-April/044827.html
and the results are at https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto
-2.6.2.rc4/testresults/.YP 2.5.3 is currently going through the QA
process.We’re sad to announce that we will be removing eclipse plugin
builds from the autobuilder and will not be including the plugin in any
future project releases. This is due to a lack of anyone able to help
work on the plugin development, bug fixing or release.The key fixes
mentioned in last week’s status have been merged into 2.7.A key bug in
pseudo was identified which may be the root cause of the long standing
glibc-locale uid “host contamination” issue. Many thanks to Peter and
Otavio for the help in debugging that. A separate fix should also
ensure pseudo works with newer distro coreutils and glibc versions.YP
2.7 rc2 (warrior) was built successfully and is currently going through
the QA process after 2.5.3 is done.The ptest results in 2.7 are much
more stable than ever before with results being consistent from build
to build. At the start of 2.8 we can make some further improvements so
we take advantage of this and build upon it to reduce regressions in
the system.In an effort to keep the patch queue under control, patches
are merging to master.The list of issues from last week of worrying
things we lack resources to improve upon remains:Intermittent
autobuilder failures (fork running out of resources - which resources?,
oe-selftest intermittent issues, gpg signing resource problems,
occasional PR server failure and more)Build-appliance testing issues
(show up on each QA report across multiple releases)40% valgrind ptest
failuresKnown bitbake memory resident bugsOther ptest failuresThe 2.8
planning discussions are starting and there is a google doc summarising
the discussions so far:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNEKA4d0eT6-e0hnS2pwi7xdZ5_t6smpZO2HbaJGXbU/If
people are planning to work on specific things in 2.8 please let us
know so we can incorporate this into our plans. If you’re interested in
working on anything in the document, please also let us know or talk
with us in one of the planning meetings.

Planned Releases for YP 2.7:
YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff was Apr. 1, 2019YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26,
2019
Planned upcoming dot releases:
YP 2.5.3 (Sumo) is in QA.
Tracking Metrics:
WDD 2523 (last week 2471) (
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)Poky Patch Metrics
 Total patches found: 1553 (last week 1553)Patches in the Pending
State: 654 (42%) [last week 655 (42%)]
Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on
this weekly status update, let us know!]