[yocto] Thud Kernel Configuration not Working

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 17:18:53 PDT 2019

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 9:54 PM nick <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I was trying to build a kernel with these files in a new layer for no smp to be enabled but have no
> idea why it doesn't work. This is after looking at the kernel manual and it's literally the same
> files excluding the disabling of smp as the chosen option.
>
> .cfg for kernel option is called smp.cfg and this the file's content:
> #Disable SMP
> CONFIG_SMP=n
>
> This is my bbappend called linux-yocto-4.1.8.bbappend:
>  # Include kernel configuration fragment
>  FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
>  SRC_URL += "file://smp.cfg"
>
> If anyone has ideas thanks in advance,

We need a lot more information to help with this. I put the type of
information in the
bugzilla that was opened for this, so I won't repeat it here. Best to
keep all the details
in one place.

Bruce

> Nick

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II