[yocto] Changing IMAGE_NAME [yocto krogoth]

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 04:12:29 PDT 2019

You need to use vardepsexclude (read in the bitbake manual how to).

Generally I am not a fan of putting timestamps into anything
yocto-built, it's prone to issues like this, breaks reproducibility,
and also subverts sstate if not managed carefully. I'd almost suggest
you build the image with a default name, and then rename it after the
fact when deploying to some artefact storage.

Alex