[yocto] Eclipse support dropped with immediate effect

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 9 08:22:50 PDT 2019

I'm sorry to have to say this but the project is terminating its
official eclipse plugin support with immediate effect.

There is nobody willing to keep the builds going, fix bugs, port to new
eclipse releases or release the current plugin. This has been raised in
many forums, multiple times and nobody stepped up to help. With nobody
to do the work, we can't keep it going, it is that simple.

We'll be removing the automated testing of the eclipse plugin from the
autobuilder with immediate effect for all project releases.

Richard