[yocto] m4-mative: "Please port gnulib fseeko.c to your platform!"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Apr 9 03:14:43 PDT 2019

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Burton, Ross wrote:

> Looks like that bug in gnulib that broke m4 (and others) when glibc
> changed.
>
> Fixed upstream
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/commit/?id=4af4a4a718
> and oe-core master/thud/possibly sumo also carry the relevant patch
> for m4.
>
> If you're using older releases against a newer release then 1) this
> is why we have supported host distros and 2) the patch is easy to
> backport.

  so, to confirm what i thought, this is a bug in gnulib which
suggests i should dig through the build configuration to see where i
can, say, set a PREFERRED_VERSION of a newer version of gnulib that
no longer has tat bug? or, barring that, just add the appropriate
local patch on my end.

rday

                         http://crashcourse.ca