[yocto] Development environment for Grub bootloader and Linux

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:09:04 PDT 2019

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:39 AM Srinivasa RaoW <Srinivasa.RaoW at ltts.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a requirement of modifying Grub bootloader for x86 architecture but Just read the Wiki Page of Yocto and it states as below”
>
> “The Yocto Project is an open-source project that delivers a set of tools that create operating system images for embedded Linux systems”
>
> Towards this I have below questions:
>
> Does Yocto project support only Linux systems?

yes

> Do we have repositories/build tool chain for Grub bootloader?

> Which is the bootloader that Yocto project recommends for x86 architecture?

It supports multiple bootloaders e.g. grub2, syslinux, systemd-boot
etc. its upto distro to choose which ever they want

I would suggest to look into devtool workflow with yocto/OE this is
recommended tool for doing cross development

http://events17.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/2017%20ELC%20--%20Using%20devtool%20to%20Streamline%20your%20Yocto%20Project%20Workflow.pdf