[yocto] problem with ruby

Clément Cherbeix clement.cherbeix at viveris.fr
Wed Apr 3 07:16:29 PDT 2019

Hello all,

I’m trying to add the MIB mechanics in my yocto project, for that I use dadi
(ruby depenedent) but I get an error when bitbake try to compile :

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile

ERROR:  Loading command: build (LoadError)

                cannot load such file -- zlib

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)

    undefined method `invoke_with_build_args' for nil:NilClass

WARNING:
/home/modem/tkh/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/libxml-ruby-native/2.8.0-r0/temp
/run.do_compile.567:1 exit 1 from 'LANG="en_US.UTF-8" LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
gem build $gem'

I have tried to build the gem in an environment outside of Yocto and it was
correct but when I try to do it in Yocto, I get my error.
Did someone have an idea on what to do ?
what is the recommended way of building ruby via gem in yocto ?

Here is my build environment :

BB_VERSION           = "1.40.0"

BUILD_SYS            = "x86_64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING      = "universal"

TARGET_SYS           = "x86_64-poky-linux"

DISTRO               = "poky"

DISTRO_VERSION       = "2.6.1"

TUNE_FEATURES        = "m64 corei7"

Thanks in advance !