[yocto] Building on non-x86 hosts, wic and syslinux

Anders Montonen Anders.Montonen at iki.fi
Sun Apr 7 16:13:01 PDT 2019

Hi,

I was experimenting with building on an AArch64 host, and ran into the issue that image_types_wic.bbclass unconditionally adds syslinux-native to the dependencies, while syslinux is only compatible with x86 hosts. I didn’t look further into this, but is it possible to make this dependency chain dependent on the actual image types you’re trying to build?

After working around the problem by manually removing the dependency from the class, the build completed without issues (though I did not test the results).

Regards,
Anders