[yocto] Worries kernels supported

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:44:45 PDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 7:42 PM Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 5:28 PM akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I noticed there are 3 kernels in Warrior. 4.18, 4.19 an 5.0. Do we
> > really need 4.18?
> > I see its the default version for poky-tiny. 4.18 is EOL but maintained
> > by Windriver.
>
> 4.18 needed to be around through M3 to backstop some layers and references
> that were being updated.
>
> I may delete it as part of M4, but really, since I kept it through M3, I may not
> churn it in M4.  I handle all the support load on the linux-yocto
> reference kernels,
> so it shouldn't cause any one harm one way or the other.
>
> I keep a very close eye on the versions, so nothing is around by chance or
> by mistake .. and best to just copy me on the email, since I can
> easily miss them
> in the noise.

... aaaaand you did copy me.  gmail sucks at showing me the headers
and I just got off 27 hours of planes,
so sorry about the noise.

I also meant to say, if someone wants to update poky-tiny to use 4.19
(it wouldn't be a huge effort, but
there's probably some config wrangling needed), I would definitely be
willing to remove 4.18 from master.
It will definitely be gone after the upcoming release.

Bruce